Much like Anitra, I took a break from blogging. For me, things were picking back up and I had to get a schedule under control. Boring isn't so much in for us right now; we've had a lot going on.
As some of you know; I'm preparing for a military class to attend at Maxwell AFB, Alabama. I'm looking forward to the opportunity as it is very selective, only 100 Air Force Civilians are selected to attend, and I was one of those 100. However, it does come with it's share of difficulties. Because it is a military course, I must be in the best physical shape I possibly can. I am responsible for passing a physical fitness test with a score of 75. There are those that will argue, that's not hard, but the AF got a lot meaner with their fitness standards. I have been taking a boot camp class here and it's kicked my butt! But in a good way! :-)
My run has improved drastically, but still has much to improve. As those around me prep their bodies for the changes of pregnancy I consistently ask God to help me with my physical inabilities with meeting these fitness standards. It's a prep and it's been difficult! It's a struggle and a battle. Being fit and healthy are one thing, but I'm learning our bodies stabilize and breaking that stabilization is even more difficult.
My goals are to run the 1.5 in 15 minutes or less...for some that's not hard. For me, my fastest time running a mile was 10minutes. With God all things are possible! We will get there!
My goals for my waist is to come down another 5 inches. I'm also learning that my body isn't made like most women with the hour glass figure. Boy, He made me real special...so again, I know he's sending me to this course, he's given me the difficulties to overcome...and I know with Him all things are possible! I know understand why my jeans fit the way they do...ugh!
My next two goals are to accomplish push-ups and sit-ups. Again, these are more about form than anything else, so again, I'm refining. :-) Yes, with Him all things are possible!
So keep me in your prayers as I continue to push my body to a new set of limits. Each day presents a new struggle or a new muscle that aches. But, we will overcome. There are some days that are filled with doubt, but we just push through it. As Justin says, baby steps!
I will share that in the last two weeks; we've been running. I try to run about 6 to 10 miles a week, and as I progress, I hope to grow more. I once had a friend tell me, "You really learn what your body can do when you push through during a distance run." She wasn't kidding! When you think you have nothing else to give, no other place to pull the strength I ask Jesus to join me in my run. I feel Him when I enter his presence and it's the most awesome experience! Way better than adrenaline/endorphins!! He's given me the strength to push harder. This has been a new way to experience Christ a way I've never experienced before.
Funny how a race for running or an AF course would develop me in my faith with my body as His Temple. God is AWESOME!
1 comment:
I love your insight on this. I know that Jesus is right there beside you!! Love you so much, keep taking those baby steps. I promise to try and cook more responsible....so how is this, I found those potatoe chips you were talking about. They are reduced fat though. xoxoxoxoxo
Post a Comment