Sunday, May 23, 2010

Texas

On Friday we're off to visit family in Texas. I'll have pictures to update, but just wanted to share some fond memories I have about that family.

There is no greater joy than sitting down with family and just talking; reminiscing of things and stories of the past. Learning something about one another or finding the story that makes you laugh until you're in tears. This is what I remember the most about this family. One of my uncles, AL whom is no longer with us use to sit and invite you to join him. A.L. would begin telling a story and you knew you were locked in for several hours; A true story teller!!

One of my simple joys and pleasures is sitting down with mom and granny after not seeing them for a few days. It recharges my batteries, Justin will even come and listen to us talk as he reads. We tell stories on one another, things from the past or even current life stories that we want the other one to enjoy. Same concept, laughter, tears, fears and encouragement! If there is a trait to be learned by Cyra I hope it's to slow down long enough in life and enjoy the wisdom of every age present.

I'm excited about the time to sit and enjoy the stories and I'm excited to see Granny with her siblings!!

Pictures to follow--lots of fun to be had!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just reading this brought back so many wonderful memories. They are hard working loving people. AL was such a man of God, so peaceful and patient until it came to making men of his two sons. He expected them to be up standing and hard working. They were and are. So in honor of going home....YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAA!!